Friday, November 17, 2017

Sales

• Knightcrawler
  • Knightcrawler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Mechwarrior
  • Mechwarrior
  • Thank you received: 53

Knightcrawler created the topic: Sales

I figure there should be a place to give heads-ups to people about upcoming sales, especially concept sales.

The new corvette (replacing the Idris, which became a frigate), the RSI Polaris, will be available on Sunday for $750. The Polaris will not be quantity-limited, but we don't know how long the concept sale will last. Considering the Idris, Javelin, and Bengal should all be nearly complete by now, the Polaris will probably be one of the next UEE capital ships that will be modeled. As far as we know, the only other UEE capital ships are the Pegasus and the [Redacted for Spoilers].

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Knightcrawler
  • Mechwarrior
  • Mechwarrior

Knightcrawler replied the topic: Sales

Subscribers, concierge ($1000+ spenders), and CitizenCon attendees got an E-mail with a link to purchase the ship for $125 less, so $625. This version of the ship will also be numbered, and they'll send you a printed brochure for it in the physical mail. I think this offer expires at the start of CitizenCon. You can't use credit on this offer, and I think you also can't use subscriber coupons on this offer.

• Knightcrawler
  • Mechwarrior
  • Mechwarrior

Well... they *kind of* showed off the Javelin at CitizenCon...

• Knightcrawler
  • Mechwarrior
  • Mechwarrior

Good video from Teller showing the ship scales.

• Knightcrawler
  • Mechwarrior
  • Mechwarrior

There are a LOT of (mostly military) ships available right now, including discounted packages. Among these, only the Polaris is in concept, so only it is available with LTI. But you can see the ships here:

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/tra...The-2946-RSI-Polaris

Any ship that is for sale is also available as a ship upgrade here:

robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ship-upgrades

I considered getting a Polaris. I could have, but it really isn't for me. I'm not the kind of guy to command a single capital ship, when instead I can get closer and into the fray with a fighter.

So I unmelted one of my old LTI Reliants using a $50 gift card I had, then applied a 10% discount coupon to get a Crucible (the repair ship/flying garage). Since all the extras of your original ship apply to the upgraded ship, it has LTI, but sadly it keeps the silly Reliant model and poster. ;-P

That said, if for instance anyone prefers the Saber to the Super Hornet, the "upgrade" between those two is only $5, and you can apply it now, later, or melt it before you apply it to get that back as store credit. An upgrade can't be removed, though. The above sentence isn't to say that the Super Hornet isn't amazing; just giving it as an example.

If you want to see what each ship is like, now is a great time - EVERY ship currently in the public side of the game is available to everyone, including super-rare ships like the Scythe. Hmm... maybe it's only flyable ships? I haven't checked my hangar for the hangar-ready ones.

• Knightcrawler
  • Mechwarrior
  • Mechwarrior

So, their anniversary livestream was today, and along with that are the sales of one completely new ships, one somewhat new ship, the beginning of the sales of four minor variants on existing ships, the Idris and Javelin were on limited sale as well, and other normally unavailable ships are going on sale as well (Herald, Caterpillar). I'd say the livestream is definitely worth watching.

So for the four new variants, they are basically identical to their base ships except for having different guns loaded on, and a different/awesome paint job. The other nice thing about them is that you can pick these ships up with LTI. Of course, these variants don't have type-locked hardpoints like in MWO, or anything, so you can put the exact same weapons on the normal versions. The four variants are:

Gladius "Valiant"
Hornet "Wildfire" (looks like the F7-M, but they said F7-C)
Avenger Titan "Renegade"
Sabre "Comet"

If you've been wanting to pick up military fighters, IMO this is the best time. The Sabre is probably the one to look out for, but they all look awesome. The variants are all shown off in the full livestream below.

The most exciting thing about these variants is they said this is a prelude to allowing users to customize their ship colors/materials. The color system will also allow hexidecimal codes to be generated of them, so you can give them to your clanmates without any reproduction error. They haven't said anything about custom decals yet, but then again, at least some of these variants have new decals. They showed off color application in-engine, but it was as a dev tool, not as an end-user feature.

The somewhat new ship is the 85x, which is a runabout-type ship original designed for the 890 Jump yacht. It's very pretty, and I guess it's coming soon. They are defining the look of Origin with this one, so I expect when they remake the 300 series, they'll go with something like this. I like this ship, although it's perhaps not as practical as most other ships.

The new ship was the Esperia Prowler. Esperia is a reproduction company that so far focuses on alien designs. They are the company that makes the reproduction Glaives and Blades. The Prowler is based on the tevarin Prowler from hundreds of years before the game's current year. The tevarin started a war with humanity and lost, and were integrated into the empire... somewhat poorly. Most tevarin war tech was lost during the second tevarin war when, upon facing a second loss, they crashed their fleet into their home planet. Recently, an abandoned tevarin world was found with some old tevarin tech. Esperia started a reproduction and slightly updated the ship to make it a bit more usable in modern settings.

The Prowler is a boarding/storming craft. It's capable of carrying 14 marines, flying stealthily to deploy them quickly, and give them cover shortly after they undock with the ship's "blades"/feathers. It's pretty large, and carries some very heavy guns despite its age (two size 5 and one size 6). There is also some wording about the shields that makes me believe it is a shield that protects only one facing at a time, but is very powerful. The Prowler looks awesome, but it's very expensive due to it being an alien reproduction, military grade, and large. I don't think I'll get one; my Redeemer will do just fine. But it's very tempting.

The sale has a schedule they are going to follow. Different ships will be available on different days, but they will all be available on the "finale" day.

One more thing. Apparently the Idris has only one room that is incomplete: the missile room.

The full livestream is below:

• Knightcrawler
  • Mechwarrior
  • Mechwarrior

There is a flying turret available for concept sale now, which of course include LTI.

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/tra...-The-Anvil-Hurricane

• Knightcrawler
  • Mechwarrior
  • Mechwarrior

They are selling a stealth bomber right now: the Aegis Eclipse. Until Friday, it'll be discounted to those who were sent an E-mail about it, and it will come with a few small bonuses (I think the extra skin is exclusive to this version?). It can only be purchased this way as a new purchase, not as an upgrade or with credit. It's still really expensive, though, at $250. Tomorrow, it won't come with a few of these "First Wave" extras, and you only get this offer invitationally through E-mail. I'm guessing you get it if you have Concierge status (ie you've spent a lot of money), or maybe if you are a current subscriber.

• Kael Posavatz
  • Oathmaster
  • Oathmaster
  • Last time...I was a man. This time...I am a wolf.
  • Thank you received: 405

Kael Posavatz replied the topic: Sales

Maybe. Maayyybeeee if there was an option to pull out the torpedo bay and put in a cargo pod so I could use it for...ah, 'free trading' (that is, trading free of pesky things like import duties, customs inspections, or, you know, taxes) I might get this one.

As it is...It is a beautiful-looking ship, but I think I need to take a pass.

• Knightcrawler
  • Mechwarrior
  • Mechwarrior

Finally another affordable ship...-like thing. ;-) The Nox by Aopoa is gonna be on concept sale starting tomorrow, or today through a special E-mail link for those who own a Dragonfly. Aopoa is the Xi'an (alien) manufacturer of the Khartu/Khartu-al. The Nox is an "open-canopy racer" like the Dragonfly... or basically a space motorcycle. While I say "space motorcycle," they are intended for use in both space and on planetary surfaces. The Nox is more focused on combat and racing than the Dragonfly, which is slightly more intended for exploration and has room for a passenger.

During the sale, the ship will be available in its standard black as well as in a brushed metal version called the Kue. There is a double-pack which is slightly less expensive per ship, and a 5-pack which is a bit less expensive still (but why would you want 5?). The ship/vehicle will come with LTI, a model, and a poster during this concept sale. And while it's a concept sale, the Nox will apparently be playable in 3.0, which is set to be out in the next few weeks.

You can see more of the Nox in the latest ATV:

Attachments:

• Knightcrawler
  • Mechwarrior
  • Mechwarrior

The 600i is in Concept Sale right now. It's available in a Luxury Touring and Luxury Exploration model. Not really my thing, honestly.

• Kael Posavatz
  • Oathmaster
  • Oathmaster
  • Last time...I was a man. This time...I am a wolf.
  • Thank you received: 405

Kael Posavatz replied the topic: Sales

Meh.

Oh, it's pretty... but it's still meh.

Moderators: BVRCWolf
Time to create page: 0.532 seconds